We're Hiring a Beverage Program Manager
Are you looking to advance your hospitality career beyond the front or back of the house? Perhaps you are looking to get off the floor and work more reasonable hours?
The Tasting Class (TTC) is looking for an F&B rockstar to drive its beverage programme in the UAE. We can provide the right person with a platform to take their F&B career to the next level.
First and foremost you’ll be running our WSET programme so you will need at least WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, and the confidence to teach the courses in front of large groups of students. You will be responsible for onboarding students and getting sales over the line, so business development, admin and customer service skills are a must.
You will also play a role in TTC’s UAE event schedule and with that comes event management and operational responsibilities. A good understanding of how venues work around the country, and how to set-up and put on a great event are essential.
We would like the successful candidate to be ready to start in early January 2020.
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wine is a minimum requirement for the role
- Drivers License is a must to get to events
- Must be a confident presenter in front of large groups
- Strong command of the English language both spoken and written
- Ability to work nights and weekends – while the majority of the work will be during standard office hours, frequent evening and weekend work is required
- Strong independent work ethic
- Good general computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email. WordPress experience is beneficial, but not a requirement
- Strong organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Managing, and teaching, TTC’s WSET programme in the UAE
- Assisting with the broader events programme
- Teaching a variety of tasting formats to private and public groups
- Customer service and client beverage consultation
- Managing primary customer service inbox
- Marketing responsibilities: keeping websites and emailers up to date with events
- Registration, confirmation and invoicing of students
- Communication with venues, clients and vendors
- Stock management
- Admin and other general tasks