- This event has passed.
Masterclass – Viticulture and Wine Making
July 4 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm UTC+4AED395
Introducing a Wine Tasting Masterclass Series by The Tasting Class
This series is designed for intermediate to advanced level wine drinkers who want to take more of a deep dive into some of the great regions and wines around the world and, where possible, will utilise a more premium level of wine to support the tasting.
Wine Tasting Masterclass #4 – Viticulture and Winemaking
Sample 9 different wines as we explore the effects of climate on different grape varieties and how various winemaking techniques are used to create different styles and qualities of wine.
Through the lesson and wines sampled, you will learn:
- The effect of dried grapes on wine: Valpolicella vs Ripasso della Valpolicella vs Amarone della Valpolicella
- Hot climate unoaked Chardonnay vs Cool climate unoaked Chardonnay
- Bulk oaked Chardonnay vs Premium oaked Chardonnay from nearby regions
- American Oak vs French Oak
- The effected of botrytis on grapes
What do the Wine Tasting Masterclasses Include?
- Sample serving of premium wines representing key relevant styles, varieties and qualities
- A selection of light snacks
- Advanced level wine tasting lesson by The Tasting Class
The wine tasting masterclasses are formal, classroom-style sessions. They are suitable for intermediate to advanced level wine-lovers seeking a higher level of wine education.
Six wine samples will be served with a Tasting Class WSET advanced/diploma level sommelier leading an in-depth tasting while discussing the quality, production methods, and so on.
While we will show some entry-level wines where relevant to the lesson, more premium wines will be shared at these tastings, and wine samples are portioned suitably for a tasting of this nature (it’s not a brunch ). A selection of nibbles and water is also included.
Terms and conditions: This ticket has no cash value, may not be combined with any other offer and is not valid towards previously purchased tickets. The Tasting Class reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend this offer at its sole discretion and without prior notice. NO REFUND OR EXCHANGE All purchases are non-refundable and not able to be exchanged.