- This event has passed.
Wine Tasting Challenge
November 1 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pmAED200
Test your skills at this social tasting, where you have to use your tasting skills (and a few clues from the sommelier) to figure out what each glass is. This month we will be looking at classic grape varieties. Would you know your favourite type of wine from smell and taste alone?
About The Monthly Blind Tasting:
Blind tasting wines is when you don’t know what you’re drinking so you can really taste free from bias. It makes for a fun conversation with everyone seated around your table, plus there is an interactive lesson provided by The Tasting Class.
How it Works:
We sit at social tables of 10. Six different covered mystery bottles of wine are shared by everyone at the table.
We’ll teach some tips on tasting like a pro, and give some insight into the evening’s theme. Everyone will then have some time to blind taste the wines and try to guess what they are drinking using the clues provided and their own sense of smell and taste.
After everyone tastes all the wines we will vote for our favourite, then reveal the wines one by one. The sommelier will give a quick lesson on each wine as each bottle is revealed.
Taste and discuss with everyone at the table, learn about wine, vote on your favourite, and enjoy some snacks and socializing.
- A bar will be open upon arrival to warm you up for the main tasting.
- Cheese and other snacks are included.
- We will be enjoying wines from Brancott Estate, George Wyndham, Campo Viejo and Jacobs Creek.
- Email: [email protected] thetastingclass.com to register.
- AED 200 is payable upon arrival (in cash please).
- Please register in advance though so we can cater for accurate numbers.