- This event has passed.
WSET Level 1 Course in Wine
February 12 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm UTC+4AED1680
WSET Wine Courses In Dubai with The Tasting Class
The WSET Level 1 wine course is a beginner level introduction to wine suitable for those starting a hospitality career or pursuing an interest in wine. For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion, you will receive a WSET Level 1 Wine Course certificate and lapel pin.
What you’ll learn
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine names and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wines
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)
This qualification has a minimum requirement of six guided learning hours with a WSET course provider. With The Tasting Class, teaching starts at 10am. The exam is given from 5pm – 6pm.
Exam specifications level 1: Download Course Specification
Included in the course price:
- Coffee breaks
- 8 wine samples
- Food and wine pairing
- Level 1 Award in Wine exam
- 2 x courier services within the UAE
- Study materials
- Certificate and pin
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
- 1 Day Course – 12th February 2021, 10AM – 6PM. Registration closes February 2.