- This event has passed.
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits Day 1 – Registration closed
January 13, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pmAED3675
The Tasting Class is now an approved provider of WSET; inspiring and empower the world’s beverage professionals and enthusiasts with best-in-class wine and spirit education. WSET qualifications are globally recognised as the international standard in wine and spirit knowledge. They are designed for those who are just starting out in their careers, as well as established professionals, and the many enthusiasts who have a passion for quality beverages.
WSET Level 2 Awards in Wines & Spirits:A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring grapes and distilled beverages for those working in the industry or enthusiasts. For individuals seeking a core understanding of grapes, this qualification explores the major varieties and important regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about wine styles produced as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits will also be provided. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you’ll learn:
- How wine is made
- What factors influence a wine’s style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine producing regions of the world
- The production explanation of the different wine styles
- Wine label terminology
- Wine & food pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits, and how they are made
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)