- This event has passed.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines – SOLD OUT
October 12, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
An advanced level qualification for professionals working in the hospitality industry and for wine enthusiasts.
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and winemaking. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
This course is open to students who have passed the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits.
What you’ll learn:
This course will develop to a high-level your ability to describe wine styles, quality and price accurately. You’ll develop analytic tasting abilities through a carefully selected series of 82 wine samples.
* The key factors in the production of grape: location, grape growing, vinemaking, maturation and bottling.
* How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal.
* Still wines of the world.
* Sparkling wines of the world.
* Fortified wines of the world.
* How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality.
* Access to our Online Classroom for the duration of the course including preparation videos.
* How to taste, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wines® (SAT).
* Tutored tastings of 82 wine samples.
Students should note that this is a demanding course and are advised to do a minimum of 56 hours of self-study and revision time in addition to classroom attendance.
The exam is assessed in two parts, which takes place in the last session of the course:
A combined theory paper consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions and four short written answer questions.
A tasting paper consisting of a blind tasting of two grapes.
A mark of 55% is required in both parts to pass.
Successful students will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
* 12 October from 10am to 6pm
* 13 October from 10am to 6pm
* 19 October from 10am to 6pm
* 20 October from 10am to 6pm
* 2 November from 10am to 6pm
* 3 November from 10am to 6pm (including exam)
Let us know you are interested!
Please contact: Shade@thetastingclass.com